Guest Service Manager
Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla! This is a newly renovated, Hilton branded hotel. The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla is owned and operated by Capri Hospitality Management. Capri is a management company that owns and operates eight hotels in the western US, with more on the horizon. We have been in business since 1928 and our corporate headquarters are located in Tucson, Arizona. We are a growing company that likes to promote from within. Please visit our website at www.caprihm.com to learn more about our company.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla, located at 1531 Kelly Place, Walla Walla, WA 99362, is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, goal-oriented Guest Service Manager. The GSM is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the front of the house operations from front desk to complimentary breakfast service. The GSM is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance goals focused on revenues, guest and team member satisfaction and effectiveness. The GSM will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day front of the house operations at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla. The GSM reports directly to the General Manager.
We offer competitive wages and opportunity for advancement. This position is benefits eligible and all associates are eligible to participate in the Hilton Employee & Friends Team Member Travel Program. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, supplemental gap medical, accident, short term disability, vacation and holiday pay.
The ideal candidate will need to grow and lead an award-winning team, train & develop the team to exceed both guest and company expectations, maintain a positive work environment, and be able to grow the business through outstanding guest service, strategic revenue management and involvement in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage Hotel Operations
· Work with Guest Service Representatives to provide excellent guest service
· Manage departmental expenses to maximize revenue
· Assist in managing revenues to maximize revenue
Hotel Sales and Marketing
· Actively sell the hotel through impromptu site tours, reservation calls, and training the GSR’s to do the same
· Maintain strong relationships with key hotel guests and accounts
Oversee Hotel Guest Service
· Maintain and exceed where possible Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla operational standards
· Ensure that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed.
· Look for ways to lower hotel costs without impacting guest satisfaction
· Effectively manage departmental labor and cost
· Effectively manage food costs and quality
· Effectively manage performance of team to ensure effective and efficient operations
· Coordinate and train hotel team on a regular basis to improve their skills and knowledge
· Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse workplace.
Provide Superior Guest Service
· Maintain and improve property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction
· Provide exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
· Ensure that hotel team provides exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
· Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times
· Continually train and promote high levels of guest service to all hotel employees
· Regularly track and review guest satisfaction to identify areas for improvement
· Three to five years’ hotel experience
· One or more years of Hilton experience is desired
· Proven track record in achieving high guest service ratings
· Proficient in various computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software as necessary
· Knowledge of property management systems – Experience with Hilton OnQ system a plus
· Demonstrated knowledge in a hotel service operations, employee and guest relations, front desk
· Ability to walk, stand, push, pull, bend, reach overhead and execute repetitive motions
· Pushing, bending, stooping, walking, upward reaching, manual dexterity, seeing, hearing, writing and typing
· Minimum lifting, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
· Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, eight + hour shift
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
· Excellent guest service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication, time management, organizational, and leadership skills are required
· Like to work with and lead team members within all departments
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that requires extended work hours, nights, weekends, and some holidays
· Comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors
· Ability to accurately report information
· Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, & legal regulations
· Ability to follow all brand and hotel policies & procedures
· Conducts oneself professionally at all times
· Live within 30 minutes of hotel
· Local candidates will be considered first. No relocation package is offered
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Walla Walla is an Equal Opportunity Employer.