The Home2 Suites by Hilton Farmington/Bloomfield is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, guest focused, goal oriented Guest Services Manager. The GSM is responsible overseeing all aspects of the front of the house operations from front desk to complimentary breakfast service. The GSM is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance goals focused on revenues, guest and team member satisfaction and effectiveness. The GSM will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day front of the house operations at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Farmington/Bloomfield. The GSM reports directly to the General Manager.
The Home2 Suites by Hilton Farmington/Bloomfield is operated by Capri Hospitality Management, LLC. Capri is a management company that owns and operates eight hotels in the western US, with more in the pipeline. It has been in business since 1928. Corporate headquarters are located in Tucson, Arizona. We are a growing company that likes to promote from within. This position provides the opportunity for motivated individuals to be mentored into a future GM position. Visit our website at www.caprihm.com to learn more about our company.
Why should you join our team? If you are looking for a culture where you make a difference and truly are part of a successful team, then we are the place for you. We strive to grow our team with people who share our passion and energy for creating the best experience for our guests and team members! Our commitment has been acknowledged through the following awards: Top New Hotel Performance Award and Connie Pride Merit Award winner for outstanding Home 2 Suites brand achievements, multiple Hilton acknowledgements for Best Home2 Suites Brand Enrollments, 2017 Excellence in SALT (overall guest satisfaction/experience, Service and Loyalty Tracking) and 2017 Leader of the Year awarded to the General Manager during Capri Hospitality Management’s annual conference.
We offer competitive wages and opportunity for advancement. This position is benefits eligible and all associates are eligible to participate in the Hilton Employee & Friends Team Member Travel Program. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, supplemental gap medical, accident, short term disability, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
The ideal candidate will grow and lead an award-winning team through training and developing to exceed both guest and company expectations, maintain a positive work environment, and be able to grow the business through outstanding guest service, strategic revenue management and involvement in the community.
Home2 Suites by Hilton Farmington/Bloomfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you will be doing
Manage Hotel Operations
· Work with Guest Service Representatives to provide excellent guest service
· Manage departmental expenses to maximize revenue
· Assist in managing revenues to maximize revenue
Hotel Sales and Marketing
· Actively sell the hotel through impromptu site tours, reservation calls, and training the GSR’s to do the same
· Maintain strong relationships with key hotel guests and accounts
Oversee Hotel Guest Service
· Maintain and exceed where possible Home2 Suites operational standards
· Ensure that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed.
· Look for ways to lower hotel costs without impacting guest satisfaction
· Effectively manage departmental labor and cost
· Effectively manage food costs and quality
· Effectively manage performance of team to ensure effective and efficient operation
· Coordinate and train hotel team on a regular basis to improve their skills and knowledge
· Ensure property hiring and all employee practices comply with company and legal requirements and strive for a culturally diverse workplace.
· Provide Superior Guest Service
· Maintain and improve property standards and service to ensure guest satisfaction
Provide exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
· Ensure that hotel team provides exceptional guest service to all hotel guests
· Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
· Continually train and promote high levels of guest service to all hotel employees
· Regularly track and review guest satisfaction to identify areas for improvement
· Two to four years’ hotel experience
· One or more years of Hilton experience a plus
· Knowledge of property management systems – Experience with Hilton OnQ system a plus
· Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software as necessary.
· Proven track record in achieving high guest service ratings
· Demonstrated knowledge in a hotel service operations, employee and guest relations, front desk
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic, quickly-changing environment.
· Excellent communication (both oral and written), time management, organizational, and leadership skills
· Must like to work with and lead team members within all departments
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that requires extended work hours, nights, weekends, and some holidays. Most hours will be afternoon-evening
· Must be able to stand for an eight + hour shift
· Minimum lifting, pushing and pulling of 30 pounds
· Bending, stooping, walking, upward reaching, manual dexterity, seeing, hearing, writing, typing and execute repetitive motions with or without accommodation
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors
· Local candidates will be considered first
· Live within 30 minutes of hotel
Join a fun and exciting team where you are Free2 Be You! We seek to grow our team with people who share our passion and energy for creating the best experience for our guests and team members.